Tuesday 23 September 2014

It shouldn't be a hard sell: it's free.

So, if you've checked out the blog pages then you've seen that Night of the Dragon is free, on the Lilac Jones Adventures page.

But- if you haven't seen that page, you don't know that. Except now you do.

Night of the Dragon is free on Smashwords and Kobo. It should be free on Amazon by now, except that they take so long to price match. If you like Young Adult books and headstrong POC protaganists or dragons (who doesn't like dragons?) then you should go check it out! I figure getting people to read this story won't be too hard considering, you know, it's free.

I plan to start working on the second Lilac Jones book soon, I promise. I want to work a finish the Dreamwalker trilogy first though. I haven't started the draft of Reveries and Regrets, but I have the general scope of the story, and drafting isn't a long process for me, especially for shorter stories. I might have an idea for a second trilogy set in the Dreamwalker world, but after Reveries and Regrets, I think I may take a break from it for a while. I have LJA to work on, and also another Trilogy I want to put out along with a novella. I think after that I could return to the Dreamwalker world and finish up the stories I have to tell there before I start working on full length novels.

In non-book related news, the Liberals got the most seats last night, which is good. I'm glad I can just not hear the words 'Conservative Government' for a little while. Doesn't it send a shiver down you spine?

I probably shouldn't be blogging right now since I have to write an essay on Mohamed Bouazizi, but I can't help myself. Anything to avoid coursework! Mohamed Bouazizi is still really cool and admirable, though. I don't think I would have the courage to set myself on fire like that, but I appreciate all the changes his actions have set into motion.

And while I research him, I'm drinking this Starbucks Frappucino my mom got at the drug store, and it is sooo good. I wanted to buy a Java Chip Frap today but I spent my money on a book (The Poison Eaters, by Holly Black) so I'm really glad she grabbed this for me. Starbucks is like the most delicious kind of fuel ever, right? I could spend my entire life in a Starbucks if the lighting was on a Hollister 21 level and I could bring one of those giant, scratchy blankets you can buy at general shops on reservations to wrap around my shoulders. Of course, Starbucks isn't as magical as Red Bull, but I'm willing to forgive it for that: few things are as magical as Red Bull. Among them are blue whale candies and bashful rottweiler puppies who sneeze a bunch.

Anyway, I'm going to get back to working on this essay, and then maybe I'll start the first draft of Reveries and Regrets . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment