Friday 26 September 2014

I'm over being sick, also, R&R (book 3) news!

Today is Friday. I didn't go to school today, and I didn't go yesterday, either.

I'm pretty sure I slept for nineteen hours. I took a shower, a bath, another shower. I drank hot tea, I drank bottles and bottles of water. I turned the heat up so high that I was basically roasting. I piled blankets on top of myself and took nasal cleansers and my allergy medication.

I feel better now, but it was bad. It was like a storm sweeping over the fields or something, because it passed really quickly. I hate being sick. I always wish I was sick so I could miss school, and when I finally get sick, I just want to get better as soon as possible. It's a never ending cycle. But now I'm better, and I'm listening to Rainy Day by Lucite Tokki, drinking cherry kool aid and surrounded by pillows and everything is awesome. I cleaned me bedroom while I was sick yesterday and it's spotless now.

I also started working on Reveries and Regrets just before I got sick. I just started the opening scene, which I've had in my head for some time now, and I'm about 900 words in? Around there. I'm so excited to get this story out. I love the Lilac Jones Adventures, they're so fun and entertaining, but I have a special love for the Dreamwalker series just because they have such a good balance between light and dark, they really blend together and I feel like the Dreamwalker stories have their own unique atmosphere. They take place in Winter, which is slowly but surely on it's way, and which is my favourite season by a long shot.

And speaking of the Dreamwalker series, when the first trilogy is finished, with Reveries and Regrets, I plan on releasing an omnibus edition in both ebook and paperback. But here's the catch: the paperback edition will come with tons of cool bonus content that you can't get in the ebook!

(!YASS GAGA YOU LOOK SO GOOD YASS!)

The bonus materials will include:

  • Q&A with the author
  • Trilogy Playlist
  • Featurette: the Science Behind Dreaming
  • Featurette: Real Life Dreamwalkers
  • Featurette: Creating a Monster, Anatomy of a Wraith.
I'm not sure how long each feauturette will be, but I'm thinking somewhere around 2000 to 4000 words each. I think the interview will be anywhere from 10 to 20 questions, with varied response lengths. I don't know how much the paperback will be since Createspace tends to decide that themselves, I think, but as soon as I know all the details and have all the content written I'll post more.

I'll also post the ebook edition cover sometime soon, probably when I publish it . . .

Reveries and Regrets has no firm publishing date yet, but I'll most likely finish the first draft within the next two days.






No comments:

Post a Comment